A multicultural festival held every year in late April in historic Southwark
Southwark has many reasons to celebrate St George, both as patron saint of England and as patron of many of the diverse communities now belonging to the borough.
The St George in Southwark Festival aims to bring together groups who already celebrate St George’s Day and Shakespeare’s birthday (23 April) and to promote further events to develop community life in the Bankside and north Southwark area.
Find out about events in April 2013.
Who’s been involved in the festival over the years?
- Simon Hughes MP
- Val Shawcross AM
- Blackfriars Settlement
- Southwark Cathedral
- Parish of St George the Martyr, Borough High Street
- St George’s Roman Catholic Cathedral
- Southwark Mysteries
- London South Bank University Student Ambassadors
- London South Bank University Community Engagement
- London South Bank University Confucius Institute
- Bankside Open Spaces Trust
- Borough & Bankside Community Council
- the Lions part
- Vayu Naidu storytellers
- Southwark Cyclists
- Borough Market
- Janet & John Mosaics
- Better Bankside
- in SE1 and the London SE1 community website
- Cooltan Arts/Largactyl Shuffle