The church of St George the Martyr in Borough High Street was one of the earliest churches in England to be dedicated to St George.
Henry V visited St George’s after the battle of Agincourt in 1415. In this battle the standard with the red cross was used for the first time. In the same year St George became the patron saint of England.
St George’s Fields took their name from St George’s church.
St George’s Roman Catholic Cathedral was built in 1848 and has a relic of St George
The George Inn: originally the St George and dates back at least to 1542
In 2006 the Mental Fight Club held a lecture on St George in Guy’s Chapel by Dr Sam Riches of Lancaster University, with further presentations about St George.